It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 9:03 pm

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 8:18 am 
Forum User

Hope you guys have fun. Unforuntaely it looks like rain. At least my basement will move forward this weekend.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 9:06 pm 
Forum User

TRAIL REPORT
Well, I guess I'll be the first person to post about today's beach permit/ wheeling day.

We met up on the LIE around 9:30 or so. Xcentrk (Brandon & Jordan), Xterrafied (Steve), O1SalsaX (Sam and myself), Boarderphreak (Mike and Liz)..
We headed out to meet BklynX (Tom and his son, Matthew) and Windsurfr13 (Brendan) at the NY state parks office in Robert Moses...
Everyone pretty much already got their permit previously, except for Brendan, so he got hisa and then we headed out to Demo Point in Robert Moses.

Demo Point had some pretty good spots to explore. A lot more of the beach is open this year, and there is no time restrictions on access like previous years.
We explored all over Demo Pt. with Steve leading, since he was there the weekend before, fishing.. Wow, people actually use the fishing permit to fish.. What a concept. ;) Demo Pt. was a constant rain, and 20-30mph constant wind cutting right through us. So noone really wanted to get out of the truck, except for photos.
After playing around in Demo Point for a little while. We headed over to Sore Thumb/Gilgo beach.
Brendan cut out to go surfing with his friends at that point..

At the Sore Thumb trailhead, the rain stopped and everyone aired down. We explored all over Sore thumb, including the point. Pretty cool places to fish out there. Never knew about most of the areas we checked out. We played around there for a little longer, nothing crazy.
Aired up the tires, and headed over to wading river to meet up with Jimmy (OffroadXterra) and grab some lunch at Phil's..
We had 11 people at Phil's for a few pints and some food.. Pretty damn cheap, good food and good beer.

We headed over to the usual wheeling spot in wading river, we were up to 6 trucks again..
After playing on the crack for a short time we started to continue on the trail until Boarder told me that I had a problem with a passenger side rear shock.
I stopped and checked it out.. I sheared the bottom eye off of the shock by overflexing the truck.. oops. I cracked out the CO2 and impact gun, unbolt the shock body and wheeled the rest of the day minus a rear passenger side shock. LOL.. I got tremendous flex after removing the shock. The ride home wasnt too bad either. Aside from the shock and my destroyed front license plate, no other damage to anyone else. We played in the mud for a while and did some more exploring. Noone required a recovery. A few of us required people jumping up and down on a rear bumper to get out of being high-centered. I wont mention names, I'm sure there are enough photos floating around. ;) We ended up leaving around 5pm and went our seperate ways.

Overall, even though it rained most of the day, and we didnt crash on the beach like we planned, it was definitely a sucess. Our first beach run of the season had a great turnout and we got to familiarize ourselves with all of the new open areas on the beaches, obviously in addition to wheeling in the usual spots.
Can't wait to plan another beach run, when it is actually sunny and about 60 degrees outside..

And I forsee a pair of new rancho 9 way adjustables in my immediate future. ;)

I will post a bunch of the high-light photos in the photos forum.
Sorry you guys couldnt attend. It turned out to be a great run, even though it rained off and on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 6:29 am 
Forum User

glad you had a good time. man did it pour at some points of the day, but stopped in the afternoon.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2