It is currently Tue Jun 04, 2024 12:05 am

Post subject: MAP Sensor
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:48 pm 
Forum User

Can someone with a 2000X that was manufactured in August or September of 99 look at the MAP Sensor vacuuming piping for me?

I'm trying to figure out where the three hoses go that come off the sensor as pointed out by the arrows in the photos.

Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:05 pm 
Supporting Member

Hi Dana,

I believe mine was manufactured in October of 99. I had my wife read the door sticker and she said it was May of 99...I can't see $hit in the dark, but I think she is wrong. Anyway, I know mine is somewhere in the first 3000 made.

Here's some pictures, I hope they help.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:25 pm 
Forum User

Thanks for looking Scott. Yours appears to be the same as mine. When you get a chance, can you see what this hose is attached to on yours? I think it's what is causing my SES light.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:43 pm 
Supporting Member

If I have the right one, it attaches to a hard line that goes up under the intake plenum. I have to get under there to see exactly where it attaches which I can do tomorrow if you think these pictures are of the right part. I can't tell from your pictures, but is yours disconnected or rotted out? It looks like it is just brake line tubing. It attaches to the metal line right next to the dipstick and goes up under the intake.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:13 pm 
Forum User

Thanks for taking the time to look at it and snap some photos Scott. I'm pretty sure I have it hooked up right. It must be something to do with the 04 engine and the 00 ECU.

My old intake manifold has 3 hoses coming off the back near the firewall. This new one just has 2. What's weird is the one hard line that sticks out under the intake was not use on the old engine. The end of it was all dirty and nasty where as the one next to it was clean form where the hose was connected.

I guess I'm going to have to break down and head to the dealer and see if they can figure it out. :(