It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:25 am

Post subject: ECXC2021 Competition!
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 12:20 pm 
Global Moderator

On Friday, July 16th 2021 during The East Coast Xterra Challenge there will be a judged Competition held.

This will be a separate "Group" lined up on Friday at Rausch along with the regular "Green", "Blue" and "Black" groups.

It will be run on "Black/Advanced" type trails/obstacles. Full Armor, Locker, winch, minimum 33's recommended. Front and rear tow points required.

You do not have to participate.

If you'd like to participate read the rules below, get your team together and inform one of the many ECXC21 Staff on hand Friday morning. Your team will be directed to the proper queue.

Post subject: Re: ECXC2021 Competition!
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 5:39 pm 
Global Moderator

ECXC2021 Competition. Friday Morning, July 16th, 2021 at Rausch;
1.0 -Overview
2.0 -Points Scoring
3.0 -Miscellaneous Rules
4.0 -Miscellaneous Safety Rules
5.0 -Tie Breakers

1.0-Overview

1.1-Competition will consist of “Teams” negotiating three “Courses” through a series of “Gates” within a specified time.

1.2- “Courses” will consist of a marked route through an existing Rausch Creek “Black” rated trail.

1.3-A “Judge” will issue “Points” for infractions and negate “Points” for achievement.

1.4- “Team” with the LEAST amount of points wins.

1.5- “Team”;
A “Team” will consist of one ECXC21 “Fully Paid Driver” operating his/her vehicle and a “Spotter”.
“Spotter” must be an ECXC21 “Fully Paid Driver” or a paid ECXC21 guest.
Open to all ECXC21 “Fully Paid Drivers”, only “Teams” consisting of ECXC21 “Fully Paid Drivers” driving a Nissan Xterra can win.

1.6- “Points”;
Points are added (+) for infractions, deducted (-) for progress. Team with the lowest total Points wins.

2.0-Points Scoring

2.1 - “Course”;
Each “Course” will be laid out within an existing “Rausch Creek Trail”. The “Course” is designed to be driven between the cones that define a “Gate” within the “Rausch Creek Trail”.

2.2 -Each team will be allotted 15 minutes to complete each course.

2.3 -Pointed Out/Timed Out: The maximum allowed points for a course are +40 (forty). Points accrue throughout the fifteen minutes on course, and if the total reaches +40 prior to completion of the course, the team is “pointed out”.
The team receives 40 points on their score sheet (less any progression points) and moves to the next course using the quickest allowable route possible.

2.4-Time will start once any part of the team enters the course. Time will stop once any two tires of the team vehicle cross the imaginary line between the finish gates.

2.5 - “Teams” must stay within the Rausch Creek defined trail or areas that define the course. Materials used to define a trail or course may not be driven over or touched by the vehicle.

2.6 -While on course, understanding course flow is solely the responsibility of the team. If the vehicle is so far off-line that it does not travel between the set of cones or through the “Gate”, they will be declared “out of bounds” for that “Course”. Any vehicle bypassing a gate entirely, intentionally or not, will also be declared “out of bounds”.

2.7 - A team declared “out of bounds” will receives +40 points on their score sheet (less any progression points) and moves to the next course using the quickest allowable route possible.

2.8-Due to the nature of natural courses, courses may change between competitors’ runs; if this occurs, ECXC2021 Competition “Judge” will determine where the location of the cone should be to maintain fairness among competitors.

2.9- “Progress Points” are issued for progress through a course. They are issued for each intermediate gate completed. Point values correspond with each gate, -5 for the first gate; -10 for the second gate; -15, etc. for each gate completed, and are counted after at least 3 tires clear the imaginary line defining that gate. If an intermediate gate cone is hit, it counts as any other cone, but progress points are still earned if the gate is then cleared.

2.10-The Start and Finish gates will be credited as progress gates. Progression points will be credited once cleared and are the only credit points retained if the course is not completed. Progress points will be given for every set of gates cleared, including Bonus Gates that are in lieu of standard gates. These points are not taken off a team’s score until they have successfully completed the course, timed out, or pointed out; so, they are not related to “pointing out”.

2.11-A “Hazard” within a “Course” is marked with cones, ribbon, banners, pennants, flagging, flags, etc.

2.12-A +10 point penalty will be issued for every cone or hazard touched. All hazards will be appropriately marked and will be discussed in the driver’s meeting. If the spotter, winch rope, vehicle contents, etc. touch any cone or hazard, it will count the same as if the vehicle had touched it.

2.13-No points will be issued for an unmarked obstacle and/or hazard.

2.14-If the time allowed on a “Course” runs out, the team is “timed out”. The team receives +40 points on their score sheet (less any progression/bonus points) and moves to the next course using the quickest allowable route possible. Any “progression” or “bonus” points earned are NOT counted against the penalty points accrued while the clock is running. They are kept separate and added after the course is completed, timed out, or pointed out.

2.15-Rock Stacking: Any rock, log, or other item found naturally in the course vicinity may be used to help a team’s progress through a course. A team may go outside their current course’s boundary to locate rocks and wood. No rocks or wood can be stacked while the team vehicle is in motion. The vehicle must be completely stopped including tire movement, in park (AT, in gear MT) with the emergency brake set. +10 point for each violation. Team can “unstack” once cleared of stack. Only items stacked can be un-stacked and must be returned as close as possible to their original location.

2.16-No Penalty for winching.

2.17-A “Team” unwilling to run a “Course” must notify the “Judge” for that “Course”. The Team will be accessed the maximum +40 Point/Time Out points and allowed to proceed to the next phase of the Competition.

2.18-A “Team” unable, unwilling to continue or opting to bail out once in a “Course” will be accessed the maximum +40 Point/Time Out points (less any progression/bonus points) and allowed to proceed to the next phase of the Competition.

2.19- A “Team” unable to continue will be accessed the maximum +40 Point/Time Out points (less any progression/bonus points) for any unrun “Course(s)”.

3.0- Miscellaneous Rules

3.1-All competitors and spectators must abide to the Rausch Creek Rules and Regulations at all times.

3.2-Tools: A vehicle must pass through an obstacle under its’ own power. Tools may be used. Tools are considered as any item used as a means of leverage or bridge building that is brought with the competitor and not found naturally in the area surrounding the obstacle. e.g. winch, maxtrax, etc.

3.3-Tools, when used for repair of the vehicle, are not subject to a penalty, they may be carried in by the spotter at the start of a course or may be carried inside the vehicle. Toolboxes and other supplies for repair must be securely fastened in place. At no time may a team leave the course to gather tools while on the clock. Teams may only use tools that came in with the vehicle or were carried in by the spotter. Rocks may not be carried in a vehicle.

3.4-Breakdown Time: If a breakdown occurs, the team may use the time left on the “Course” to begin repairs unless they have pointed out. However, the team must immediately move the vehicle off the course when they have timed out. Repairs and work done while on the “Course” clock must be performed entirely by the driver and spotter. Outside help coming onto the course will immediately “time out” the team and the vehicle must be moved as soon as it is safe to do so.

4.0- Miscellaneous Safety Rules

4.1-Spotter Manipulation: The spotter may not touch the vehicle in motion. The vehicle must be completely stopped (including tire movement, in park with the emergency brake set) prior to spotters touching the vehicle or reaching into the passenger compartment. Spotters touching a vehicle while it is moving receive one warning, the team will be assessed a penalty of +10 points for subsequent infractions.

4.2-No use of “Spotter Strap”

4.3- There are occasions where a judge or marshal may allow a rope to be attached to an anchor for safety and no points will be issued if a winch is used.

4.4-Drivers head, arms, etc. must be inside vehicle while vehicle is in motion. Violations carry a penalty of +10 points and warning.

4.5-Unsafe Action is determined by any “ECXC Competition Judge” at his or her sole discretion. A Team MAY or MAY NOT receive a warning. A team may be “Pointed Out” and removed from that course.
Teams that are deemed “UNSAFE” will be disqualified from the competition.

4.6-All judges have the right to stop time for a period of determined by the judge. Stoppage is at the sole discretion of the judge and can be for reasons such as a potential safety issue.

A judge is not responsible for the safety of the driver or the spotter.

5.0-Tie Breaker

5.1-In the event of a tie. Tied Teams will run a 4th Course.

5.2-Same rules and scoring.

5.2-Courses will be run until one Team wins.

You have 15 minutes time to complete a course, which consists of 4 gates. Gate 1 (start) = -5, Gate 2 = -10, Gate 3 = -15, Gate 4 (finish) = -20. Total for completed Course -50. You must get at least 3 tires thru each gate to score it.

It's not just about crossing the finish line. It's about the least amount of points, you need to avoid as many as you can.
You will receive -20 points for crossing the finishing line the course in time so strategy will come into play. Tackle as many gates as you can but still allow enough time to exit the finish. (exit finish means break the cones with both front tires).

Post to ask questions…

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 5:15 pm 
Supporting Member

Will the competition routes be made available before hand? If not the actual route, maybe just the specific trail(s)?

Sent from my SM-T727V using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2021 12:57 pm 
Global Moderator

I don’t think it would be fair to announce the “courses” before the event to the folks not familiar with Rausch.

Guys used to running “Black trails” at Rausch will already have an advantage.
I’m pretty sure you have run them in the past but would rather you didn’t go “practice” on them prior to the event.

I thinking that we could announce where the Competition will take place the week of ECXC21. This will give folks an idea of what it will be like to participate.

Since there is no sign up, trucks will just line up in a separate group, folks don’t have to decide until the day of to compete.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:04 pm 
Supporting Member

Bklyn.X wrote:
I
I thinking that we could announce where the Competition will take place the week of ECXC21. This will give folks an idea of what it will be like to participate..

This makes total sense. All I was really curious about was a general idea of what it will be.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2021 2:29 pm 
Global Moderator

It will be 3 or 4 short courses set up within a "Black/Advanced" type trails/obstacles.
I've run them with full Armor, rear locker, a winch, on 33's before I SAS'd without a spotter at least once. SAS'd on 35's I've run each one of them in less than 5 min. Dennis has run them in less with his Tracker. I've personally witnessed a few 2nd gens run two out of three and heard of one running the third but can't bring who it was to mind...might have been you...
Anyways, the "Gates" will be set up to give competitors a wide birth rather than adding any difficulty. “Hazards” will be marked more as a warning of something to be avoided (trees that jump out at you and the like) rather than a boundary that would make the course more difficult.
Participants would not have to run through every "Gate" if they didn't feel comfortable doing so. They could continue on without scoring on that "Gate".
All courses have by-passes and/or bale-outs.

I've found that a good spotter is the key to winning any competition and credit my spotter in any comp I've won. The driver/truck is really just a puppet on a string.

I'm not sayin it will be easy but I'm pretty sure I've seen you run harder trails bro...with a good spotter I think you'd breeze through.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:29 pm 
Supporting Member

Sounds super fun. I'm excited.

Sent from my SM-T727V using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2021 10:30 am 
Global Moderator

There will be 3 "courses" , maybe 4 if we need.
1) The Trench behind the office
2) The Pit just beyond The Trench on the way to “5”
3) The Ledge on “5”
4) and “Yellow Jacket” if we need

All easily accessible and one right after the other.
We think that unless we get more than 5 trucks participating, we can all just move from one “course’ to the next as a group without splitting up.
“Yellow Jacket” will only need to be run if everyone gets through the first 3 “courses” too quickly.