It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:28 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: NEXterra Back-2-School Run - 2019
PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:20 am 
Supporting Member

Hey guys. I woke u0 sick,as a dog. Gonna have to be a last second scratch. Have a blast and take lots of pictures.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 3:10 pm 
Supporting Member

Huge thanks to everyone for everything! Thanks for an awesome time, as usual. Wish I was able to explore brookridge more before I busted my rear axle, but it was fun anyway. Looking forward to the next event. I made it home in one piece (I think) Gonna open up the cover tomorrow and check it all out.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:07 pm 
Forum User

Keep us up to date Jeff. Good hanging with you guys and I’ll be sure to bring some more Whiskle Piskies next time! :cheers:

Curt

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:54 am 
Supporting Member

Myself and girls had a great time...thanks to everyone for your time and effort putting together a great event.
Always look forward to it...
Nice meeting everyone and hanging out with great people...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:41 am 
Club President

Thank you to all those who attended this past weekend! I hope you all had a great time!

Thank you to all trail leaders for both Gremlin Graveyard (Mike and Tony) and Brookridge (Ernie, Suresh, John, Joe - did I miss anyone else)!

Thank you to John and Mike for taking care of the grill on Saturday night!

I started a thread HERE for everyone to post and share pictures from this past weekend.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:20 am 
Club Vice President

MtDewMike wrote:
.... Thank you to all trail leaders for both Gremlin Graveyard (Mike and Tony) and Brookridge (Ernie, Suresh, John, Joe - did I miss anyone else).....
and Curt who was spotting on Saturday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:55 am 
Forum User

Thanks Suresh! As long as everyone gets off the trail safe, it’s a good day of wheeling!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:43 pm 
Forum User

Great event indeed! Had a blast, and enjoyed hanging with old friends and meeting new ones. See you all at the Halloween run.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:05 pm 
Supporting Member

Thank you for all the work putting this together. We had a great time! Which that we got a few more trails in but sometimes wheeling is about fixing. We roll the dice every time we go out there. The dinner was great and the raffle was fun.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 12:49 pm 
Supporting Member

Enjoyed as always. Great to get out there with the crew, especially with such a busy schedule.

Finally started looking at the rig last weekend... The list of things that either were wrong, or broke since are:

Wheeled with basically one working brake, the LF. LR - stuck slides, RR - frozen caliper, LF - stuck bleeder, RF - frozen slide (not stuck, needed sledgehammer to get it out.)

LF wheel bearing has about 10 miles of life left before the hub takes a vacation from the truck...:shock: Jacked it up, pushed on it with a finger and watched the whole thing, brake rotor and all, rock back and forth like a rocking chair.

Brakes are fixed, bearings showed up today, God willing and creek don't rise I'll have it fixed for SuperDIRTWeek and be able to wheel Halloween :D

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 12:53 pm 
Club President

Yikes! And I was riding shotgun in it!

Glad to hear you're bringing it out again!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:44 pm 
Club Vice President

How did you get home without anything falling apart!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 3:40 pm 
Supporting Member

DirtySocks wrote:

It wasn't the truck moving that was the problem, it was getting it's motion to stop once it started... LOL.

Actually I underestimated how much fuel I'd use through the day and had to stop on my way home at around midnight... Much to my dismay, there are apparently no gas stations open in Hartford at that hour. After floundering around for 30 mins I said the hell with it and got back on 84. Luckily there's a 24 hour Noble gas station in Farmington.

The noise I thought was the coil spring creaking, or the front body mount, I now totally suspect was the wheel bearing. Also might explain the phantom ABS/SLIP lights on before we hit the trail. I've never heard bearing noise like this before but it damn sure is junk. Hosed it down with Aero Kroil last night. It can soak in until I can get to it Sunday.

I've been real lucky with this thing so far. It's broke, or I've noticed bad things in my driveway instead of 70mph down the highway. So glad that bearing stayed together as long as it did. Had that let fly on 84, I'd have been getting a new truck after I got out of the hospital. Thankfully that's not the case.

Build, wheel, break, fix, repeat. :woohoo:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:15 am 
Global Moderator

westracing01 wrote:
DirtySocks wrote:

It wasn't the truck moving that was the problem, it was getting it's motion to stop once it started... LOL.

Actually I underestimated how much fuel I'd use through the day and had to stop on my way home at around midnight... Much to my dismay, there are apparently no gas stations open in Hartford at that hour. After floundering around for 30 mins I said the hell with it and got back on 84. Luckily there's a 24 hour Noble gas station in Farmington.

The noise I thought was the coil spring creaking, or the front body mount, I now totally suspect was the wheel bearing. Also might explain the phantom ABS/SLIP lights on before we hit the trail. I've never heard bearing noise like this before but it damn sure is junk. Hosed it down with Aero Kroil last night. It can soak in until I can get to it Sunday.

I've been real lucky with this thing so far. It's broke, or I've noticed bad things in my driveway instead of 70mph down the highway. So glad that bearing stayed together as long as it did. Had that let fly on 84, I'd have been getting a new truck after I got out of the hospital. Thankfully that's not the case.

Build, wheel, break, fix, repeat. :woohoo:

Glad she got ya home!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:18 am 
Supporting Member

Thanks!

Changed the bearing on Sunday. Had to be the easiest repair I've ever done. Not a lot of room in there but 17mm socket on a 3/8 breaker bar did the trick... And a big hammer to beat the unit bearing out of the knuckle.

No noise and the brakes are back the best they've been in years.

NOTE: If you wind up ever having an inconsistent brake pedal, even after doing brakes and bleeding the system, check your wheel bearings. What I found through some research, and experience, was the wheel bearing was letting the hub rock back and forth, this was letting the rotor wobble and push the pistons back on the caliper. Thus, when you hit the brakes, the pistons weren't up on the pad and it had a long pedal until it made contact and got pressure. Never thought it would do that, but that's what it was.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next