It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 12:36 am

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 5:53 pm 
Forum User

I can most likely head out there to help you guys out with the BL's too... It took me two full days to do mine (including raising the stock bumpers), mostly by myself, outside in the cold.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 5:56 pm 
Supporting Member

If we have enough helpers, and enough tools, we can do two at once. I have two garages, one's not heated. That would be fine with me.

The only problem with big mod days, I always end up with missing tools.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 6:58 pm 
Forum User

daggerdoggie wrote:
The only problem with big mod days, I always end up with missing tools.

funny you should mention that... i just found your valve core removal tool in my pocket :( sorry.

And if I can, I would definitely be in for the 2 BL mod day with you Jay.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 7:33 pm 
Supporting Member

Too funny! I don't blame anybody, but when lot's of people show up, things get placed in different tool boxes, nobody knows where they belong.

What we need on a mod day is a tool forman. We can do two BL's at once. We need to know who is bringing what tools. We'll also need two floor jacks. We'll take out the bolts of one truck with air tools, then put them back in just tight and move that truck to the lower garage. Then do the same to the second truck. We do the lift on one at a time, but once the lift is in, two crews can start to put things back together.

We will need another floor jack, more drop lights scockets tools and wrenches and we should be all set.

As long as things come apart, putting it back together is just patience. The trick is while you are lifting, you do one side at a time, everyone is silent, listening for anything that may be binding. Once the truck is lifted, and on the pucks, it's just putting everything back together.

A few things that could happen before the mod day, sliders come off, and we'll put them back on after the lift. That would save some time. Also, clean all the mud off your truck, and buy cans of PB blaster and spray your nuts and bolts for weeks. Once a week starting now, and then daily a few days before the mod day.

That way, we could get two trucks lifted in a day, have some drinks and food on Saturday night, relax and tie up minor things on Sunday morning.

Let me know when all parts are to be in and we will plan a mod day. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 3:49 am 
Forum User

well Scott, coming from a US Marine Sgt... that sounds like you've got the initiative, experience, and planning down pat. Guys... its up to us now, to do this. I know I will do whatever I can to make this as smooth as a process as possible. Scott is helping us out ALOT and I know I would surely be lost without his knowledge and help.

I will most likely be purchasing a floor jack in the next week or so before the mod day. I just need to know what wknd is good for you guys about a week ahead of time so I can get that weekend off from work. We should probably start a thread under the mod day section so we can plan this out.

Fully Skidded Out
Shrock Front Bumper
2" BL
33" Maxxis Bighorns

Send it...