It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:03 pm

Post subject: ECXC15 Trail Assignments!
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:04 pm 
Global Moderator

Trail Groups are now finalized. Thank you for your participation. See you next week on the trail!

Thursday Advanced, 7 Trucks
Bklyn.X
Dirtysocks
DaveP
BKxterra718
bass4runner
XterraPA
BanDiT4x4

Thursday Intermediate 1, 6 Trucks
TomsRedX (Leader)
machazoo
rush356
jsexton
DC xterra
bottobro

Thursday Intermediate 2, 5 Trucks
lizardking (Leader), XterraPA (Backup Leader )
beckywoo
Fromfrontier2Xterra
TJ
Bliss_X

Thursday Stock 1, 6 Trucks
primerhb55 (Leader)
patchy
blk11xterra
jeott
MtDewMike
FireHicks26

Thursday Stock 2, 6 Trucks
rcheliman (Leader)
MidNightBlue
D'Rock
XterraP226
Huricain
MikeO

30 Trucks on Thursday

Friday Advanced, 7 Trucks
Bklyn.X
DaveP
BKxterra718
bass4runner
DC xterra
XterraPA
BanDiT4x4

Friday Intermediate 1, 7Trucks
lizardking (Leader)
Rooney
patchy
machazoo
bottobro
rush356
MDphotos

Friday Intermediate 2, 6 Trucks
TomsRedX (Leader)
TrailBreaker
rcheliman
Fromfrontier2Xterra
TJ
Bliss_X

Friday Intermediate 3, 7 Trucks
Dirtysocks (Leader)
WillUBMyKnight
beckywoo
jsexton
Huricain
mainechick
MtDewMike

Friday Stock 1, 9 Trucks
primerhb55 (Leader)
FireHicks26
JeffNJM3
blk11xterra
jeffpro4x
jeott
MikeO
MidNightBlue
Crazydiablo

36 Trucks on Friday

Saturday Advanced, 6 Trucks
Bklyn.X
DaveP
BKxterra718
bass4runner
BanDiT4x4
DC xterra

Saturday Intermediate 1, 6 Trucks
lizardking
RekHavoc
D'Rock
Rooney
xnjxterra
JeffNJM3

Saturday Intermediate 2, 7 Trucks
TomsRedX (Leader)
TJ
rush356
TrailBreaker
Fromfrontier2Xterra
bottobro
XterraPA

Saturday Intermediate 3, 7 Trucks
Xterra Mike (Leader)
beckywoo
WillUBMyKnight
patchy
jsexton
MidNightBlue
mainechick

Saturday Intermediate 4, 7 Trucks
primerhb55 (Leader)
machazoo
MikeO
yakkerX
Bliss_X
jeffpro4x
MDphotos

Saturday Stock 1, 7 Trucks
Dirtysocks (Leader)
rcheliman
MtDewMike
Huricain
VMBiohazard
FireHicks26
Crazydiablo

Saturday Stock 2, 6 Trucks
Rebelgd (Leader)
jeott
XterraP226
blk11xterra
Snickerdoodle
MeatLoaf

46 Trucks on Saturday

All “Stock” and “Intermediate” attendees will be expected to run trails with their assigned group.

“Stock” - Stock trails range in difficulty from flat dirt roads to slightly off-camber and rocky trails. Stock trails are best suited for inexperienced wheelers and bone stock vehicles. Threat of vehicle damage is non-existent as long as you drive responsibly, however brush scratches are possible. Stock Trails include easier green trails.

“Intermediate” - Intermediate trails offer more of a challenge for slightly modified vehicles. Trails will be rockier, may have more off camber situations and may include rocky creek crossings. Bone stock vehicles can handle most of these trails, but without skid plates and rock sliders, both undercarriage damage and rocker panel damage should be expected. The threat of damage on these trails is minimal, but should not be unexpected. Careless or inattentive driving will result in body damage. Harder Green trails and easier Blue Trails at Rausch Creek would be taken in this group.

“Advanced” – If you are considering these I don’t really need to tell ya nutin. I wouldn’t run them without 33’s or bigger, a winch, full protection, a carefree attitude towards damage, the tools/parts/ability and supplies to repair breakage. Blue, Blue/Black, Black trails (depending on group make-up) will be run by this group.

Rausch Creek rates their trails in 4 different color groups Green, Blue, Black and Red. They do not differentiate between easy Greens and harder greens although they do have easier greens and harder greens, easier blues and harder blues and so on.

You can find PDFs with descriptions of the trails on the East, West, South properties HERE and the Northeast property HERE.

You can find a PDFs with maps of the East HERE, West/South HERE and the Northeast HERE

Since anyone that signs up for an “Advanced” group and has been to Rausch in the past can lead a group and since I was the only one to volunteer last year I’m not assigning any “Advanced Trail Leaders” this year. “Advanced” groups will be limited to 5 trucks so as soon as 4 or 5 of these fools show up in the morning they can go run trails and not stand around bitching at me...

Attendees are put into a “Stock” group unless they indicate otherwise when they sign up.

If you have a preference/aversion for individuals’ (attendees or Trail Leaders) you need to let me (Tom, Bklyn.X) know via PM on this board ASAP. Every effort will be made to accommodate you.

If an organization or group of friends insists on wheeling together on one, two or all three days of the event they must have a in the required manner ASAP HERE. That “Trail Leader” will then coordinate with me. Individuals can then submit requests to that “Trail Leader” ASAP BEFORE JULY 1st to be included in the group. Only a that "Trail Leader" will be able to add someone to their group and must let me know when they do so that I don't leave another group short.

“Trail Leader” – is someone who has been to Rausch before, is familiar with the park rules and the trails that they are volunteering to lead. On the trail they are in charge and responsible for the group. If you ran with an “Intermediate” group last year you should be able to lead a “Stock” group this year. Ran with “Advanced”, you can lead an “Intermediate”. If ya got any confidence from your last time out why not step up, play it forward and volunteer to lead a group! Volunteer HERE!

“Tail Gunner” – is the last truck in the group and helps the “Trail Leader”. They will not be assigned but chosen by the “Trail Leader” for his/her individual group each day.

Trails that are run by a group are determined by the groups “Trail Leader”.

The Rausch Creek Office opens at 8am.

All attendees should start arriving at the park around that time;
line up
pay the park fee
air down
..we might be able to get out on the trails by 9-9:30am.

There will be NEXTerra club members in the Rausch parking lot as you arrive each morning of the event to welcome and assist you.

Post subject: Re: ECXC15 Trail Assignments!
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 3:50 pm 
Supporting Member

Looks good too me. Going to be bummed if I can't make it Thursday so lets hope we don't need an alternate. Sometimes running your own business stinks!

Also, everyone read their trail choices and make sure you are in the right level groups.

Quote:
“Intermediate” - Intermediate trails offer more of a challenge for slightly modified vehicles. Trails will be rockier, may have more off camber situations and may include rocky creek crossings. Bone stock vehicles can handle most of these trails, but without skid plates and rock sliders, both undercarriage damage and rocker panel damage should be expected. The threat of damage on these trails is minimal, but should not be unexpected. Careless or inattentive driving will result in body damage. Harder Green trails and easier Blue Trails at Rausch Creek would be taken in this group.

I personally wouldn't jump in an intermediate group without sliders and some type of engine skid... Any day is the woods is a good day. Even in the stock groups.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:25 pm 
Supporting Member

LizardKing wrote:
Looks good too me. Going to be bummed if I can't make it Thursday so lets hope we don't need an alternate. Sometimes running your own business stinks!

Also, everyone read their trail choices and make sure you are in the right level groups.

Quote:

Quote:
I personally wouldn't jump in an intermediate group without sliders and some type of engine skid... Any day is the woods is a good day. Even in the stock groups.

This was my worry with running intermediates. I have sliders, 33s, 2+" lift and stock skids. Think I'll be ok?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:19 pm 
Global Moderator

You're running "Stock" on Friday, see how that goes and how you feel after. If it's boring run "Intermediate" Saturday, if you feel challenged enough let us know on Saturday morning and you can go out with one of the "Stock" groups.
Nothing is carved in stone bro, you can run what you feel like.

Sent from 718 using Tapatalk...

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:21 pm 
Supporting Member

Sounds good. Thanks

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:25 pm 
Global Moderator

It's better to trust yourself after you been out than some folks you only know from the Internet or some fool from Brooklyn that knows little about you or your truck...

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:22 pm 
Forum User

I'm TomsRedX and I approve my trail groups. :cheers:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 5:17 am 
Club President

TomsRedX wrote:
I'm TomsRedX and I approve my trail groups. :cheers:

:D

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:59 am 
Club Vice President

Bklyn.X wrote:
You're running "Stock" on Friday, see how that goes and how you feel after. If it's boring run "Intermediate" Saturday, if you feel challenged enough let us know on Saturday morning and you can go out with one of the "Stock" groups.
Nothing is carved in stone bro, you can run what you feel like.

This is a solid plan & something I would have done myself if it was my first time at Rausch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:29 pm 
Supporting Member

JeffPro4x wrote:
This was my worry with running intermediates. I have sliders, 33s, 2+" lift and stock skids. Think I'll be ok?

Just make sure you tell your leader what you are running. I have taken people with your setup down blues. Just be aware and ask for a spot when you need it. It is not my truck and I am just some cray guy from the internet after all... :-)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 4:29 pm 
Supporting Member

Thanks

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:24 am 
Global Moderator

...and we are done.

Trail Groups are now finalized. Thank you for your participation. See you next week on the trail!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:44 am 
Noob

Bklyn.X wrote:
...and we are done.

I'm extremely excited for this! Thanks for putting this together, we owe you a lot!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:51 am 
Global Moderator

yakkerX wrote:
Bklyn.X wrote:
...and we are done.

I'm extremely excited for this! Thanks for putting this together, we owe you a lot!

You, my friend, are welcome.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:45 pm 
Forum User

Sorry if I mess things up. I posted on the other forum the other day that I can't wheel thurs. Due to work. I'll be in Friday morning at rausch.